Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Newbie-type Question

  1. #1

    Newbie-type Question

    Hey all, is it possible to save anything from Knoppix onto an NTFS hard drive? For example, I tried to save a .doc file written in OpenOffice to my hard drive, and it told me that the file I was trying to save it as did not exist. Is there something I need to do, or is it even possible? Thanks in advance for your help.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    33

    Re: Newbie-type Question

    Quote Originally Posted by impure_client
    Hey all, is it possible to save anything from Knoppix onto an NTFS hard drive? For example, I tried to save a .doc file written in OpenOffice to my hard drive, and it told me that the file I was trying to save it as did not exist. Is there something I need to do, or is it even possible? Thanks in advance for your help.
    I believe you need to use Captive-NTFS , it should be on the cd somewhere. I think you still have to be careful when doing so. If you can, make a fat32 partition for swapping files between Linux and windows. Linux can write to Fat without issue.

    Is the drive mounted, and have write permision?

  3. #3
    Yes, the drive is mounted, and any time I try to change the read/write mode, it sends me an error that says the drive is in use, even when no processes are running. If it has a danger of damaging my hard drive, I'll just boot into windows, I was just curious as to whether it was a possibility. Thank you!

Similar Threads

  1. Probably a very newbie question..
    By Schopenhauer101 in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-27-2005, 11:07 AM
  2. newbie question
    By gt300 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-22-2004, 06:32 PM
  3. An easy newbie question - very newbie
    By Drago in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:10 PM
  4. Newbie question
    By linuxfool in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-21-2003, 03:54 AM
  5. How to set tuner type fot bttv? (NEWBIE)
    By faiz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-18-2003, 07:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair

$69.99



Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC picture

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC

$69.99



640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog  picture

640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog

$85.00



1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800 picture

1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800

$59.99



S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)

$69.95



BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880

$7.00



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute picture

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute

$99.00