i'm a newbie to knoppix(linux).
I was wandering how to connect internet. I have dsl connection. tq
Ok, I just switched from knoppix 3.4 to 3.6. With 3.4 when I ran the the script that helped me automatically set up an internet connection, everything worked fine, however with knoppix 3.6 it doesn't get past the ppoe configuration... I have a dsl connection. If anyone could help me with this problem (whats new in 3.6?) it would be greatly appreciated!
i'm a newbie to knoppix(linux).
I was wandering how to connect internet. I have dsl connection. tq
Things to look into:
Always run networkcard configuration first before run pppoeconfig.
![]()
![]()
Do i have to put in my own ethernet ip or set to dhcp.Always run networkcard configuration first
![]()
It depends, if you run your pc from DHCP server or a router that has DHCP capability, you can choose to set dhcp or static ip with gateway set to your router's ip.Do i have to put in my own ethernet ip or set to dhcp.
If you run from pc that not connected to a dhcp server/router, setting up static ip is a must.
Don't forget to set your ISP DNS ip if required by your isp.![]()
![]()
My pc is connected to external dsl modem by lan port. Another newbie question is? Which is one should i set ?
dhcp or static ip.
Btw, I'm using Knoppix 3.6. Just came to know this 2 weeks ago.
It is easier to set the connection under windows. It worked in windows.
hey good news! shah...
i use knoppix 3.4.
i got connect to internet.
I use external dsl model connected to my ethernet port.
I did the networkcard configuration. I chose to set static ip and enter the dns.Always run networkcard configuration first before run pppoeconfig.
After that, I did the pppoe configuration. Walla...
I replied this post using knoppix 3.4. Yeay!![]()

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM
$289.99
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99
Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00
HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Plus 32GB RAM Xeon E-2224 3.40Ghz No HDD No AC
$750.00
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$199.99
HP MicroServer Gen8 LOADED 12TB + 16GB RAM Win Server 2025 iLO Advanced SSD Boot
$679.00
POGO ATLAS 1102 Server 32 Gb RAM 4TB Storage 2x2TB HDD’s (Tested-Working) No OS
$179.85
Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers*
$159.99