Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Install HP ScanJet 5730C using Knoppix 3.4

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    21

    Install HP ScanJet 5730C using Knoppix 3.4

    I found out that I can operate my scanner using VueScan software. But my problem is figuring out how to install the hardware itself and the drivers. Where in KDE do I do this? How do I mount the device, in other words?


  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    260
    with the scanner on go to system>info center and click usb. See if your scanner is there. I am assuming this is a usb scanner (most scsi hp scanners are supported in sane).
    You shouldn't need to edit fstab for a scanner. The vue scan software should find your scanner and set it up. Hope this helps.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    981

    Re: Install HP ScanJet 5730C using Knoppix 3.4

    Quote Originally Posted by nicorellius
    I found out that I can operate my scanner using VueScan software. But my problem is figuring out how to install the hardware itself and the drivers. Where in KDE do I do this? How do I mount the device, in other words?

    Here is what I did to get my usb HP PSC2175 to work:

    apt-get install hpoj-0.91_i386.deb (google for it)
    apt-get install sane-utils xsane libsnmp-base libsnmp5.
    hpoj should setup up OK on its own but need to edit /etc/sane.d/dll.conf uncomment the very last item (hpoj) so sane can find the hpoj drivers.

    I am using kooka as the scanner software.

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix install read error around 80%, install another way?
    By nmz787 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-21-2004, 09:17 AM
  2. How do I make a HP scanjet 2300c scanner work.
    By rrfish72 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-07-2004, 10:26 PM
  3. Modconf...need module for HP scanjet
    By rrfish72 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2004, 11:37 PM
  4. Knoppix HDD install Vs. regular Debian install
    By Jez in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-09-2004, 09:06 PM
  5. HP ScanJet 3400C scanner not working
    By Mogiin in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-17-2003, 07:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage RaidMax Dirk-Tooth Smilodon Gaming Tower with Hardware-Green LED Lights picture

Vintage RaidMax Dirk-Tooth Smilodon Gaming Tower with Hardware-Green LED Lights

$199.00



Rare Vintage Sanyo MBC-1150 Terminal With Keyboard CPM2.2 — Boots - DW picture

Rare Vintage Sanyo MBC-1150 Terminal With Keyboard CPM2.2 — Boots - DW

$1000.00



Original Early Vintage Macintosh Joystick for IIe IIc A2M2012 Untested picture

Original Early Vintage Macintosh Joystick for IIe IIc A2M2012 Untested

$99.00



Kensington System Saver Fan for Vintage Early Mac WORKS picture

Kensington System Saver Fan for Vintage Early Mac WORKS

$119.00



Cray Research Vintage T90+ CPU Module 1990s picture

Cray Research Vintage T90+ CPU Module 1990s

$575.00



Vintage Radius Pivot II Display NuBus Video Card 632-0030 picture

Vintage Radius Pivot II Display NuBus Video Card 632-0030

$149.00



Vintage IBM logic modules, Back-plane, Jumpers, IBM SLT picture

Vintage IBM logic modules, Back-plane, Jumpers, IBM SLT

$35.00



Vintage Cherry G80-1800 HAU Mechanical Keyboard West Germany Vintage MX Black picture

Vintage Cherry G80-1800 HAU Mechanical Keyboard West Germany Vintage MX Black

$225.00



VINTAGE Dell Dimension XPS D233-Pentium II-128MB Ram 13.5GB HDD Matrix GFx W98SE picture

VINTAGE Dell Dimension XPS D233-Pentium II-128MB Ram 13.5GB HDD Matrix GFx W98SE

$229.99



Vintage 486 PC Motherboard IBM CPU ISA Cards RAM Novell NetWare 3.12 Computer picture

Vintage 486 PC Motherboard IBM CPU ISA Cards RAM Novell NetWare 3.12 Computer

$249.99