-
HP Desk Jet 810C Install Problem
Hi all,
I installed Knoppix on a Compaq Persario 5660 with two HD's and 128Mg of mem. It has a 400MHz processor. It work really great an I really like the OS.
However, here is the problem. When I try to add my HP Desk Jet 810C to the OS the CUPs program does not see or recognize my parallel port. The configuration program see's the USB ports which the 810 cannot use, but not my parallel port.
I do not have this problem with BLAG (Fedora 1) Linux or Win2K. The parallel port is recognized with BLAG Linux and the printing works well.
I have apt-get paraport and all the latest HP recommended drivers to no avail. I have unistalled and reinstalled all apps that deal with the printer. I also have the latest and greatest updated CUP's version. I still cannot get the add new printer class config program to recognize the parallel port. Does anyone have a cure or answer to this problem? I am at wit's end and have run out of ideas to correct this problem.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Paul
Similar Threads
-
By fadeh in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-30-2005, 04:51 PM
-
By ljrjlr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-03-2005, 12:34 PM
-
By vgramanathan in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-19-2005, 03:17 PM
-
By foraker_p in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-01-2004, 12:54 AM
-
By NoviceW in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-23-2004, 07:17 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99