-
New Linux/ Knoppix user needs help
Hi people,
recently I started to use Linux, Knoppix respectively, because I want to write something in Latex and started doing so using Kile. Anyways, my notebook screwed up, and now I have to reinstall everything on my own ... Problem is just, that I don't really have a clue what I have to do.
However, somehow I managed to get Knoppix 3.6 installed on my harddrive, but unfortunately it doesn't contain Kile.
I downloaded the latter, and now I'm stuck: it's a rpm-package, and when I try to open it with Kpackage, it tells me that I have to use alien ... I tried to find alien, I did, but only files permitted to "read only".
And in another package (a different version of Kile???) I found a hint that says I need KDE 3.1 and Qt 3.3??? I downloaded KDE, and: again: surprise, surprise: I don't know how to handle this.
What do I have to do? (And please don't tell me I better stick to Windows ... MicTeX is not really an option ...).
Thanks a lot in advance ...
Tempestas ;o)
PS: Please excuse my bad english ... it's not my mother tongue
Similar Threads
-
By zspecfenix17 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-10-2005, 05:58 PM
-
By sn0wflake in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-23-2004, 06:54 PM
-
By SunnyB in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-09-2004, 02:02 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-18-2003, 12:22 PM
-
By probono in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-12-2003, 01:55 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00