-
Senior Member
registered user
2 VERY STRANGE problems with hdd install that arent w/liveCD
I've been an avid user of knoppix LiveCD for almost 2 years since v3.1
However there are 2 WIERD things that only happen on my new hdd install, but not liveCD:
1) in konsole, when I try to vi a file, it takes 20 seconds for vi to start up! However if I go to one of the 6 CONSOLE sessions (for example with ctrl-alt-2), vi starts instantly (as it does with liveCD)
2) I cant launch X apps from a konsole session anymore, like I could in LiveCD. For example, now in my hdd install, if I type "kwrite &", the process exits with the following message:
Code:
kwrite: cannot connect to X server 0:0
I have a feeling the 2 issues are related to something in my konsole environment.
Ideas, anyone?
[/code]
Similar Threads
-
By EdT in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-28-2006, 07:00 PM
-
By bhasker varma in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-16-2005, 08:51 PM
-
By ovidiu in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-25-2004, 11:06 PM
-
By the_isz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-03-2003, 12:16 PM
-
By Hans in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-15-2003, 09:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99