Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: KNOPPIX menu in wmaker???

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    11

    KNOPPIX menu in wmaker???

    How do I get to the KNOPPIX menu when using wmaker? I can't find it...

    This is the menu that contains "save configuration" etc. -Lars.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: KNOPPIX menu in wmaker???

    --I doubt wmaker is configured for the Knoppix menu. Klaus spent some time customizing KDE as the "knoppix desktop" - wmaker is supported at boot, but it's more of an add-on.

    --My guess is you'll have to use KDE for the Knoppix menu. However, there are always text-mode equivalents for those apps that don't have to run in a GUI. You can Ctrl-Alt-F1 to root, and type ' saveconfig ' - it should work.

    Quote Originally Posted by jensen
    How do I get to the KNOPPIX menu when using wmaker? I can't find it...

    This is the menu that contains "save configuration" etc. -Lars.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2

    Re: KNOPPIX menu in wmaker???

    how do you get wmaker to run ? I get error messages ' .. window manager is already running ..' when itry that .. ?

    thanx : ed

    Quote Originally Posted by jensen
    How do I get to the KNOPPIX menu when using wmaker? I can't find it...

    This is the menu that contains "save configuration" etc. -Lars.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: KNOPPIX menu in wmaker???

    --If you are running from the CD, you have to use the cheat codes at boot. I think it's ' knoppix desktop=wmaker '.

    Quote Originally Posted by bongaerts
    how do you get wmaker to run ? I get error messages ' .. window manager is already running ..' when itry that .. ?

    thanx : ed

    Quote Originally Posted by jensen
    How do I get to the KNOPPIX menu when using wmaker? I can't find it...

    This is the menu that contains "save configuration" etc. -Lars.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2

    Re: KNOPPIX menu in wmaker???

    right ... just found that .. sorry, should read to the bottom of papers .. however, how does one configure or start wmaker once knoppix is hd-installed, as I have it ? Any tips ?
    It can't find a 'display' in my case [I have tried '-display :0.1', but that may have to do with multi-display - which may be a problem as well as I use a multihead capable Matrox 450 .. with one screen only though ?]

    thanx : ed

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Bechtel
    --If you are running from the CD, you have to use the cheat codes at boot. I think it's ' knoppix desktop=wmaker '.

    Quote Originally Posted by bongaerts
    how do you get wmaker to run ? I get error messages ' .. window manager is already running ..' when itry that .. ?

    thanx : ed

    Quote Originally Posted by jensen
    How do I get to the KNOPPIX menu when using wmaker? I can't find it...

    This is the menu that contains "save configuration" etc. -Lars.

Similar Threads

  1. Lost KNOPPIX menu
    By fstephens in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-21-2004, 07:57 AM
  2. KDE 'KNOPPIX' menu
    By zroiy in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-07-2004, 09:00 AM
  3. Knoppix 3.3 will not shutdown from KDE menu
    By timread in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-06-2004, 05:35 AM
  4. KNOPPIX image on K menu
    By wk in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-05-2003, 01:17 PM
  5. K-menu 'KNOPPIX'
    By jex in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-05-2003, 07:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


4x Micron 64GB DDR4-3200 ECC RDIMM MTA36ASF8G72PZ-3G2B2 (256GB) – FOR PARTS picture

4x Micron 64GB DDR4-3200 ECC RDIMM MTA36ASF8G72PZ-3G2B2 (256GB) – FOR PARTS

$880.00



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55



(Lot of 8) Samsung 16GB 2Rx4 PC3-12800R DDR3-1600 Server RAM M393B2G70BH0-CK0 picture

(Lot of 8) Samsung 16GB 2Rx4 PC3-12800R DDR3-1600 Server RAM M393B2G70BH0-CK0

$129.99



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Micron 32GB Kit (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-2666V Desktop RAM MTA16ATF2G64AZ-2G6E1 picture

Micron 32GB Kit (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-2666V Desktop RAM MTA16ATF2G64AZ-2G6E1

$140.00



Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW picture

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW

$1.39



Lot of 4 8GB DDR4 PC4-2400T ECC Registered Server RAM 32GB 1Rx8 RDIMM MICRON picture

Lot of 4 8GB DDR4 PC4-2400T ECC Registered Server RAM 32GB 1Rx8 RDIMM MICRON

$149.99