Well you will invariably be left with some libs and some docs from KDE that you'll have to remove yourself but most of what you want can be done like so:
Code:apt-get update && apt-get remove libarts1 apt-get install gnome-core
Hi
I am trying to remaster a knoppix cd to get it onto my 256mb usb key. I am only used to using rpm based distros and need some help getting apt-get working how I want it to!
The 1st thing I want to do is change kde to gnome. I have seen the list of packages for gnome and kde, and added the sources etc.
Now I want to know if it is possible to install ALL of the gnome packages and dependencies at once and remove all the kde packages/dependencies. Are they categorised in any way and is this even possible to do?
Thanks
Well you will invariably be left with some libs and some docs from KDE that you'll have to remove yourself but most of what you want can be done like so:
Code:apt-get update && apt-get remove libarts1 apt-get install gnome-core
Thanks thats got pretty much everything working. There were about 20 kde lib files that i had to remove manually, but all of kde went fine.

Supermicro CSE-826 2U Server Chassis W/X10DRH-C 2x E5-2620 V3 128GB RAM 2x 1280W
$499.99
HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM
$289.99
Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00
Supermicro Super Server 1029U-TN10RT Dual Xeon Silver 4210 - 10-Bay NVMe Rack
$500.00
HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Plus 32GB RAM Xeon E-2224 3.40Ghz No HDD No AC
$750.00
1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Supermicro E200-8D Xeon D-1528 8GB RAM 256GB SSD 2x10GbE X10SDV-6C-TLN4F w/ PSU
$525.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00