Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: WPC54G not working...

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by grant_vallance
    Err, I have run out of things to say that might be useful. It should work, but obviously it doesn't.

    The only other thing I can think of is, can you test whether the card works in another machine, either under Knoppix or M$?

    However, if you know it works, I am stuck.

    I am a novice too

    I'll keep thinking about it, and if I have time, I'll do some further digging to see if I can find a solution.

    Is there any Linux guru watching this thread who could assist?

    Regards,

    Grant D. Vallance.
    I know the card works, it just doesn't work under Knoppix (so far...) Thanks for all your help in trying to get it to work, I'm very appreciative.

    -Paul

  2. #12
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    83
    I just posted my WiFi findings in the Network forum. Given your type of card, you should be using Knoppix 3.6, not 3.4 with the native drivers. Just in case your problems are similar to mine, try the following steps:

    1. Use iwconfig instead of ifconfig. If you run this command without parameters, it should tell you whether your card is recognized or not. If it doesn't show up, then you have a driver problem and I can't help you anymore. I would recommend you to go to http://www.linux-wlan.org/ for information. You may need to get your hands dirty.
    2. If it does, use the same utility to set up the wireless parameters, particularly the network SSID and the WEP key if needed.
    3. If successful check if pump is running. Use ps -ef | grep pump
    4. If it is, go into a root shell and kill it using pump -k.
    5. See if cardmgr is running: ps -ef | grep cardmgr. If it is kill it using killall cardmgr
    6. Retry the command cardmgr
    7. If you don't have any error messages, use ifconfig with no parameters. If your card is successfully running, it should show you the details of your network connection.

    I strongly recommend you to read the man and info pages for iwconfig, ifconfig and pump to understand the details.

    I hope this helps. Please post the results.

    G

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Mode Master on WPC54G
    By Terminator15 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2005, 02:34 AM
  2. Setting up WPC54G ver2 --- not working
    By jOVENASO in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-20-2005, 10:36 PM
  3. Linksys WPC54G (ver 2)
    By warrenite in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-18-2005, 05:45 AM
  4. How To run wpc54g on Knoppix live CD??
    By thomast77 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-05-2005, 08:47 AM
  5. wireless WPC54G problem
    By revolver in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-18-2004, 05:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC picture

Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC

$27.99



Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED picture

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED

$24.99



CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP

CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR

$47.99