-
Senior Member
registered user
hiya, Crashed, looks like we were replying same time.
As to the dist-upgrade... I did them regularly on my "spare" bughunter to purposely try to break it. It was surpisingly hardy. I have two partitions on my harddrive for hd installs of linuxes. (and the swap partition of course). And I found having 2 bughunters (generally my main one and whatever was the newest release) was quite handy. Swapping config files back and forth when I screwed up one of them 
Most recently, I did a major KDE upgrade on my main bughunter and whoa, yeah, a little messy. Having nothing to lose I went and did dist-upgrade on it and it straightened quite a bit out. So my main man is still BH8.
I insist on an obscene level of eye candy and new KDE little proggy goodies. Just the way I am, don't know. Often little bug fixes in there (yeah, and introduction of new ones, I know I know) so when I see a new KDE I get all sweaty and hot and bothered LOL have to get my hands on it.
KPPP works fine on kanotix but I did have to change permission on a ttyS0 (case important!) to allow user to use the dang modem. Don't know if that is still a prob, I don't think so. But was quickly remedied (don't know if it was the proper way to remedy it, but hey, it worked
Similar Threads
-
By whoeverheis in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-28-2005, 12:41 AM
-
By susanjohnson in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-21-2005, 11:36 AM
-
By florin in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-24-2004, 06:12 PM
-
By Jez in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 09:06 PM
-
By jymden in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-13-2003, 07:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Juniper QFX5120-32C-AFI 32x100GbE Switch Dual AC Airflow In, Rail Kit Included
$8995.00

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

JUNIPER EX2300-24P 24-PORT POE+ GIGABIT ETHERNET SWITCH UNCLAIMED
$99.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS
$8199.99

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97