Yes, it's possible but very slow. You have to creat one swap partition with 500Mb.
![]()
I'd like to install Knoppix 3.6 on a 4 Gig Celeron 400 which only has 64Meg of ram. Is this at all possible? I know Knoppix needs a jag of ram to run but if I could get it up then I could probably install it onto the HDD I guess.
Any advice?![]()
http://www.nortypig.com
http://www.blog.nortypig.com
Yes, it's possible but very slow. You have to creat one swap partition with 500Mb.
![]()
Simple. Use another wm like Icewm or Fluxbox (not sure what desktops are on Knoppix ATM). KDE might run on that much RAM but it will be devilishly slow. Another possibility would be to make a 700M partition, copy the compressed KNOPPIX file to it, boot the compressed KNOPPIX image (this is commonly referred to as a 'poormans install') and then run the installer and install to the remaining 3G. This way you don't need to use your RAM for booting the image.

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
ATARI 400 NEW CAPS NEW 48K RAM KIT B-KEY KEYBOARD COLLECTOR QUALITY
$359.99
Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs
$149.97
SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00
UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25