-
Only ROOT can goto KDE now
Good Hard drive install - All working great - Downloaded a simple file and saved to desktop folder - Now users cannot log in past the KDE log in screen - At the log in screen all looks normal - Then when logging gos to simi grey with mouse pointer at the center and then right back to the KDE login screen again - Root log in stil works fine - Also the users can still log in via consol but cannot get past "startx" to get into KDE - This Knoppix hard drive install has been the very best with my limited knowlage but man - Where did this KDE fualt come from... Can it be fixed or do I have to do another install to get back to my user desktop...
-
GOT-IT - I could only log in as root - Went back to the screen and logged in useing the consol option in the bottom right hand corner of the KDE login screen - Then logged in as user that would not work in the KDE login screen - Then entered "startkde" - Well then it went into a script finally indicating that my particular user name no longer had any room left on disk - Well - Logged in useing ROOT then went to Home then went to that particular user file and deleted the contents of serveral files I had downloaded and left on my desktop and a few programs I had downloaded into the temp directories - After halting and starting again I was able to enter as user again everything back to normal - BRAVO Knoppix - I probably never would have had this problem if I was useing a hard drive bigger than 2.5 gig - Of course I still have the other hard drive with all my windows stuff on it - Hummmm...
THANK YA-ALL
Similar Threads
-
By RubenK in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-11-2005, 04:43 PM
-
By Markus in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-11-2005, 10:09 PM
-
By daemax in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-26-2004, 02:05 AM
-
By metroidprime13 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 03:13 AM
-
By KnoDeb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-06-2003, 09:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00