-
Filesystem not found, after kernal loads (LiveCd)
p4 3.2 prescott
asus p4p800se /intel 865PE north/ ICH5R south MOBO
512MB DDR
maxtor Ge020L0 -20gig HDD
MadDog Dominator Dvd-rw-MD12xdvdrw-se (shows up as vom-12E48X in BIOS)
Windows XP Pro
Botting knoppix from Cd provided at linuxiso.com Knoppix version 3.6
Ok, I get past the splash screen (loads the Kernal fine) into the Command promt where it looks like its loading (untill I get the following errors)
I wrote this down Exactly how it showed on the screen...
"
Scanning for USB/FIREWIRE devices..........done
Enabling DMA acceleration for:HDA (maxtor GE020L0)
Enabling DMA acceleration for:HDC (VOM-12E48X)
looking for CdRom in: /dev/scd0 (AFTER ABOUT TEN SECONDS THIS LINE DISSAPPEARS AND THE FOLLWING IS SHOWN.....)
Cant find knoppix filesystem, Sorry
Dropping you into a (very limited) Shell.
Press reset button to quit.
Additional built in commands available
Cat Mount unmount
insmod hmmod lsmod
"
Enabling DMA acceleration for:HDC (VOM-12E48X) --Could this mean its seeing my CdRom as a hdd?
Im by no means an expert (obviously), Im the type who knows a few cool Dos commands and feels like I actually know something
Changing over from windows, mainly out of curiosity but have read LOTS about it before trying.Im tired of all the un-needed crap running in the background of my pc, tired of completly stupid vulnerabilities like uPnP (and countless others I dont know about),i guess just tired of windows in general...The only things I use my Pc for besides the internet is play games, I know that UT2k4 and americas Army both support linux...Im worried about my USB cable modem but other than that the challenges will be simply learning linux.
would like to at least get linux booted so I can get a taste of what Im about to swallow
Would apperciate any efforts!!!
thanks,
Similar Threads
-
By J_nosa in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-09-2005, 12:49 AM
-
By bob58 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-22-2005, 10:20 PM
-
By jesselong in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-21-2004, 02:18 PM
-
By JooK in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-25-2004, 02:02 AM
-
By rbivins in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-26-2004, 08:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

CISCO CVR-X2-SFP10G X2 to SFP+ 10GB 74-6321-03 Converter Module *Lot of 14”
$115.19

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Lenovo 00YK615 Intel X710-DA2 10GbE 2-port SFP+ PCI-E FC Network Adapter NIC
$27.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$30.00

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99