-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
Cuddles
........Again, most "everyone" needs to use some sort of cheatcode, or a combination of cheatcodes, to get the OS up and running. I have only heard a few people report that they didnt have to do anything,......
I booted old 3.1 releases on many computers and they all worked for everything I tried (including sound on all but one). Did not try modems, as all were on DSL or cable connections through routers. Around 3.3. or 3.4 this all changed, and now the cheat codes are needed. This seems unfortunate, as it must discourage many first time users and is somewhat against the concept of a live CD. In fact, I would think you have a better chance of answering all the technical questions about hardware, interupts, IO addresses and the like for a unaided Linux install than guesing the right combination of cheat codes that Knoppix might need when it needs more than one. At least when installing you can look up and figure out what each of the questions/options means and step through it. I must have had a copy of 3.4 for 6 months or more before I was even able to get it to boot in my laptop, and I had been using older versions for about a year.
Similar Threads
-
By J_nosa in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-09-2005, 12:49 AM
-
By bob58 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-22-2005, 10:20 PM
-
By jesselong in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-21-2004, 02:18 PM
-
By JooK in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-25-2004, 02:02 AM
-
By rbivins in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-26-2004, 08:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco SFP-10G-SR Transceiver Module
$25.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50