Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: .WMVs???

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    11

    .WMVs???

    In cause you guys didn't notice the "2 posts", I'm new to this. I've been trying to open .wmv files on a HD installed Knoppix system and I get nothing. I'm pretty sure it's got something to do with the fact that it's a Windows Media Video file, but is there any Linux programs out there that can run it?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949

    Re: .WMVs???

    Quote Originally Posted by Bidi
    In cause you guys didn't notice the "2 posts", I'm new to this. I've been trying to open .wmv files on a HD installed Knoppix system and I get nothing. I'm pretty sure it's got something to do with the fact that it's a Windows Media Video file, but is there any Linux programs out there that can run it?

    Thanks
    Xine can play wmvs that have been encoded useing 7 down (mabye 8 ) it can't play 9,10 versions. (yet)

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    382
    Mplayer and xine will both play them if you get the w32codecs package. You can get it and mplayer if you add these to your sources.list file (under /etc/apt).

    deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ stable main
    deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ testing main
    deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    57
    Go here (read it first). Just figured it out:
    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16133

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates picture

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates

$32.00



Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503 picture

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503

$109.99



Apple MAC SE/30 Computer M5119, Vintage, Logic & Analog boards + PSU Recapped picture

Apple MAC SE/30 Computer M5119, Vintage, Logic & Analog boards + PSU Recapped

$850.00



Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer picture

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer

$2999.99



Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+ picture

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+

$209.99



Analog Devices Macsym 2 Signal Simulator picture

Analog Devices Macsym 2 Signal Simulator

$220.00



1979 vintage apple II 2  keyboard Mod CV Control Analog Synthesizer Paia Buchla picture

1979 vintage apple II 2 keyboard Mod CV Control Analog Synthesizer Paia Buchla

$500.00



Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare picture

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare

$179.00



RARE VINTAGE Kontron 80 Psi Compact Microcomputer Computer Germany Early 1980s picture

RARE VINTAGE Kontron 80 Psi Compact Microcomputer Computer Germany Early 1980s

$319.99



vintage internal ISA Dial-Up Modem from the Accura 28.8 series. 5617us picture

vintage internal ISA Dial-Up Modem from the Accura 28.8 series. 5617us

$29.99