Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: All help appreciated

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    10

    All help appreciated

    I am new to linux(just downloaded yesterday). I got knoppix cause I wanted to test out linux without using my hard drive. I know theres post that explain installing knoppix to hard drive, but I was hoping somebody can give me a step by step instructions. I have an 80 gigabyte hard drive and WinXP Home. Windows XP set the partition to take up all but 8m of the hard drive. Please Help me. Thanks in advance. :cry

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Australia/Brisbane
    Posts
    5
    I think your 8m free is your hard drives cache.

    I run 80 Gb drive with Debian and Win XP
    have 160GB drive with knoppix and storage partition.

    I set up all my partitions first then installed XP then installed debian and knoppix.

    Telling XP to only use one particular partition. I then specified which partition debian and knoppix was to use.

    My partions are Primary HD
    20GB windows XP /dev/hda2
    58GB Debian /dev /hda1
    2GB Swap /dev/hda3

    Secondary HD

    10 GB /dev/hdb1
    2GB /dev/hdb2
    148GB /devhdb3

    To setup partitions I boot with knoppix and used Qparted to partition.
    I did start with empty hard drives.

    hope this helps

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    10
    thank you very much. I ended up having to reinstall windows so I left some space open for Knoppix.

Similar Threads

  1. Xawtv - Helpp appreciated
    By Ritchie in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-29-2003, 10:43 AM
  2. Floppy Boot Problems and Other - Help Appreciated
    By brotherd in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-23-2003, 01:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage picture

Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage

$249.00



Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS picture

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS

$228.19



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$55.99



Vintage Apple iMac G4 15

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers

$300.00



Vintage Intel SDK-86 8086 Microprocessor System Design Kit Evaluation Board⁠ picture

Vintage Intel SDK-86 8086 Microprocessor System Design Kit Evaluation Board⁠

$599.00



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Amiga Commodore A500  - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage picture

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage

$200.00



Vintage Cubix A2870 + 2x A2310 QL 2286 Video Module ISA Boards 1989  Untested  picture

Vintage Cubix A2870 + 2x A2310 QL 2286 Video Module ISA Boards 1989 Untested

$207.92



Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00

$199.99



VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED picture

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED

$500.00