-
USB Flash/CD Combo
Hello everyone, I'm new. 
Anyways, I was using Knoppix last night, when I had this neat idea, as I tend to use this sort of thing for hacking my own computers if I lose or mess something up. What if you had a USB Flash Drive that forced the computer to boot to it, then gave a key to every cdrom in the system, which would start up knoppix. Then Knoppix would put the /home folders onto the usb thumbdrive. That way, Knoppix would work on computers with lost bios access (Since the thumbdrive would force it to boot from cd), you'd have 128MB/256MB/512MB/1GB of space to transfer files to, and the drive would be high security, maybe an encryption on the folders?
Anyways, just a thought for a little customizing, as I've got a ton of these thumbdrives laying around and don't know what to do with them.
Similar Threads
-
By langer in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-24-2005, 08:36 AM
-
By asearle in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-05-2004, 12:15 PM
-
By gonefishing in forum Laptops
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-12-2003, 06:18 AM
-
By gonefishing in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-08-2003, 08:40 PM
-
By abc in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-30-2003, 11:18 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Computer Photo History Altair 8800 Philco 212 CDC 6600 DEC PDP-8 Apple 1 UNIVAC
$69.99

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Bus Handbook Altair 8800 IMSAI 8080 Board Schematics Xitan Pertec Cromemco
$89.99

Intel 4004IBM Mark 1 UNIVAC Cray-1 Babbage ENIAC Apple 1 Steve Jobs MITS Altair
$50.99

1979 Microprocessor Projects Altair 8800 Intel 8080 KIM-1 COSMAC Elf SWTPC 6800
$59.99

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

640pg Best of BYTE Magazine 1984 Mac Steve Jobs Altair 8800 IBM 5100 Bob Moog
$85.00

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00