Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Blue logon screen ?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    9

    Blue logon screen ?

    Hello
    It's not a problem but i'm curious. So when I boot from CD I got a blue screen with a "boot:" . When I boot the same CD on other computer I got a nice graphic with a logon ( boot: ) screen. The question is why my logon screen is blue ? My hardware is fully detected so it shoudn't be a hardware problem. I have ECS motherboard K7A...( i don't remeber rest ), and Duron 700Mhz , graphic card is RivaTNT M64 , RAM - 384MB. If it's my be helpfull I use Knoppix from CD.
    BlueIce

    PS>I my choosing boot from CD from a boot menu when my computer starts and on the others I change the settings in a BIOS can be it ?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    298

    Re: Blue logon screen ?

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueIce
    It's not a problem but i'm curious. So when I boot from CD I got a blue screen with a "boot:" . When I boot the same CD on other computer I got a nice graphic with a logon ( boot: ) screen. The question is why my logon screen is blue ?
    Ah, nice to hear that the boot graphics is still there. It worked with me on Knoppix-3.1, haven seen it in 3.2, all blue indeed. But that could be because I boot from a floppy?

    I've got a Geforce4 MX440...

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    9
    Have you AMD processor ? I'm not sure but with Intel processor it works fine but on AMD it's a blue screen.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    9
    I have another question in this topic ... Have you problems with the blue screen on Intel processor anybody ? ( I think it's not about processor it's more about motherboard and chipset but still its only a theory )
    BlueIce

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    I have no idea why you get a blue screen but I can tell you that both Knoppix 3.1 & 3.2 boot fine on my AMD-K7550, Intel 336, Intel 1.3G & Intel 90MHz. I would venture to guess that a blue screen has something to do with your graphics card but I couldn't say for sure.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    9
    My 3.1 version worked fine but I have updated to 3.2 and know I have a blue screen. I really don't know why.
    BlueIce

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueIce
    My 3.1 version worked fine but I have updated to 3.2 and know I have a blue screen. I really don't know why.
    BlueIce
    I have had issues with 3.2 as well. I keep reverting to my 3.1 install because it works quite well. Without knowing every intricacy of Knoppix who's to say why this, that or the other occur when it did not before. The only thing I wish I had in 3.1 is tabbed browsing in Konqueror. Not a big issue really. It's alot of fun to keep pace with and even outdo my wife's 1.3G win2k machine. hehe

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    9
    SYSLINUX is what is responsible for displaying the graphical boot screen if your video bios supports it. I believe it will fall back to text if it can display the VGA image (you would think that every card would be able to display an image).

    See:
    http://syslinux.zytor.com/

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    9
    So why the 3.1 version worked fine and in 3.2 I got a blue screen ? I didn't change my hardware. My graphics card is NVIDIA TNT2 M64.

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    202
    Now I have this rare problem, no graphical boot screen, with a new mother and an AMD Duron.
    (no problem with a Soyo and a Pemtium III)
    The other hardware remains the same.
    Why?
    Is there a workaround for this ?

    Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Logon to ADSL Connection
    By jamesbrown in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-16-2005, 10:23 PM
  2. Blue Screen (not windows!)
    By tryfen in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-11-2004, 11:02 PM
  3. Machine asks for cd at logon screen
    By vinoko in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-23-2004, 06:05 PM
  4. Logon Screen In German
    By Eradicator in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-26-2003, 04:41 PM
  5. No graphic logon screen
    By oscar in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-10-2003, 10:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD picture

Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD

$199.99



HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD picture

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD

$249.99



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



Supermicro SuperServer 504-2 X11SCL-1F E-2124 3.3GHz 32GB DDR4 NVMe 512GB picture

Supermicro SuperServer 504-2 X11SCL-1F E-2124 3.3GHz 32GB DDR4 NVMe 512GB

$650.00



New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server picture

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server

$689.00



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers* picture

Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers*

$159.99