Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Probing SCSI...aic7xxx.0

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1

    Probing SCSI...aic7xxx.0

    Hey guys
    I am very new into Knoppix, its been a couple of hours since I actually started.

    I have laptop Toshiba Sattelite 1110...quite old model..
    I am using Knoppix 3.6 live CD

    My problem is that every time I try to boot up Knoppix I get up to this message "Probing SCSI...aic7xxx.0 " and it freezes...nothing shows up after that...

    The only thing that works is when I boot it up as follows
    knoppix noscsi

    What could that be? Is there any way to fix it ?

    Thanks for any help

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4
    beautifull i finally find someone else with the same problem but no replys AHH well ive got a dell 2600 and it does exactly the same thing... any help would be nice

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2

    I have the same

    I have the exact same problem on my laptop........Its a toshiba1900-203.........does anybodfy know anything about this.....................it doesnt look so good does it?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    9
    bump same exact problem

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix 3.7 Freeze during boot (Probing SCSI...aic7xxx.o )
    By gildedlink in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 10:11 PM
  2. Hangs on probing scsi
    By coldlamper in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-06-2003, 03:33 PM
  3. Freeze probing SCSI on wd7000.o
    By Warmboot in forum Laptops
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-05-2003, 09:36 PM
  4. stuck on probing scsi
    By c0d3_z3r0 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-22-2003, 07:55 PM
  5. hanging with 2 aic7xxx scsi cards
    By joe in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-22-2003, 04:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage DEC E2052-AA  AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap picture

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap

$799.00



Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board picture

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board

$119.99



Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012 picture

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012

$74.99



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard picture

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard

$149.99



Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal picture

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal

$150.00



VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL picture

VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL

$169.00



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99



Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working picture

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working

$111.00