Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Another Windows crash

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1

    Another Windows crash

    I'm trying to recover a windows machine that boots in safe mode every time. Even when I try to boot with network support, it doesn't. It won't even enter into debug mode.

    I heard wind of Knoppix and it sounds like the perfect tool to use, I am downloading right now. I need to transfer program files to a network share, then the machine can be wiped clean.

    Do I have to configure network settings when booting through Knoppix? Do I have to ftp into th server? can I just use a serial cable to store the files on another cpu?

    Any tips would be great. Thanks all, and thanks knoppix

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    Can't you just take out the HD and plug it into another computer?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Quote Originally Posted by Markus
    Can't you just take out the HD and plug it into another computer?
    In order of the questions.

    No
    Only if your storing to a ftp server
    yes, but I don't know how to do it. Probably complicated

Similar Threads

  1. Very odd crash
    By Capt. Cautious in forum Knoppix DVD
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-03-2005, 04:37 AM
  2. X won't autostart after crash
    By slwrider in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-14-2005, 07:46 PM
  3. Windows crash
    By Zeddicus in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-08-2005, 12:46 AM
  4. IRQ crash
    By drg55 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-09-2003, 01:57 PM
  5. crash during installation
    By pirozzi in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-21-2003, 12:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP

CISCO 10GBASE-SR SFP "Lot of 4” SFP-10G-SR

$47.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver picture

Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver

$4.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED picture

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED

$24.99