sure, knoppix will let you do that.
Here's my problem...
I have a Toshiba Toughbook that is actually still pretty up to date... 256mb ram, 1.6ghz processor, 30gig hd. My problem is, the motherboard seems to have a problem reading my disk drive, making it completely useless. Anything I boot from the cdrom is just fine. I even bought a new hard drive just to make sure that wasn't the problem.
It is my understanding that knoppix can run completely off a cdrom drive with no need for a hard drive? If this is the case I can still use my the notebook to write papers and all that stuff and just store everything on a compact flash card? Will Knoppix allow me to do this? I was also considering just scrapping the thing and turning it into a picture frame running knoppix with the photos stored on a flash card... any thoughts?
sure, knoppix will let you do that.

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$224.72
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$225.61
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00
Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00
Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99
Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00
Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000
$99.95
Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB
$98.95
IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00