-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi Michael,
Thanx for your response! You are correct, it is very difficult for my students to write code for an openMOSIX environment (as a 2-4 week final programming project after a year of learning java). However, the MPI approach looks promissing now that there's some java interfaces for MPI and PVM. BTW, do you include PVM on your ISO? PVM also looks very teachable.
Regarding jClusters, you may want to take a look at:
http://www.buyya.com
http://www.ipd.uka.de/JavaParty
http://freshmeat.net/projects/jcluster
http://www.srg.csis.hku.hk/homepage/srg/jessica.htm
http://www.npac.syr.edu/projects/pcrc/mpiJava
http://www.hpjava.org/
http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~ajf2j/jpvm.html
Oh, I did see your new website and I was referring to your latest version when I wrote the post above - that would be version 2005.0110, right?
However, I'm still a little vague on some points. There was no such thing as clusters when I was in college in the 70s! So I'm teaching myself all this stuff from scratch right now. I have a lot of catching up to do. This whole clustering field sounds so useful and interesting, I feel that I've only just scratched the surface!
Anyway, I'm not clear on whether this is a Beowulf cluster you have implemented and what that means to me and my programming students! Also, would there be any problem in my using knoppix-installer to make a hdd installed cluster. I would like a little more permanent solution than a CD cluster. Also, I cannot get PXE to work in my lab. This is how I got around the PXE problem for openMOSIX using clusterKNOPPIX or QUANTIAN....
TIA,
AJG
Similar Threads
-
By dvryknopper in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-15-2006, 11:05 AM
-
By daisuke0kun in forum Klik
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-10-2005, 11:55 AM
-
By mcreel in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-26-2005, 09:00 AM
-
By mcreel in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-07-2004, 09:55 AM
-
By mcreel in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-18-2004, 09:17 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

S-100 Vector Graphic 12K PROM/RAM Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

Vintage Digital Research ZSID 1.4 8" Floppy Disk CP/M Z80 Software S-100 Altair
$69.99

S-100 Industrial Micro Systems 8K Static Ram (IMS, Altair, IMSAI)
$69.95

Altair MITS S100 Backplane 8080A S-100 Replica IMSAI CP/M (bare board)
$40.00

BYTE Magazine Cover Jan 1977 Canvas Print 8"x10" Retro Computer Altair 880
$7.00

TDL “the ZPU” rev 1 February 1977 s100 cpu board
$345.00

S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)
$34.99

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$40.00

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00