-
Problem booting
I have a problem : I can't boot knoppix !
I have a slim laptop which has no internal drive. I broke the supplied external cd-rom drive. It was a pcmcia drive and I replaced it with an usb one cause the pcmcia one was MUCH more expensive. The problem is the laptop will only boot from pcmcia cd-rom or usb from floppy but not on the usb cd-rom. I tried other distros which have boot images but none will work ... How can I make a boot floppy that would load up the usb driver and then boot on the usb cd-rom ?
Thanx for your help.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Try putting Smart Boot Manager on a floppy and booting with that. Good Luck, your hardware might still be an issue.
Similar Threads
-
By pf123 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-14-2006, 02:09 AM
-
By Jkirch in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-16-2005, 05:39 AM
-
By Kakarott2003 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-12-2005, 06:40 PM
-
By JUSTiNB in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-07-2005, 05:52 AM
-
By billmacc in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 10:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$199.99

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00