-
Senior Member
registered user
help with simple script
Hello....I need help with a simple script to play streaming audio from a site I like to listen to. I would like to:
1. bring up the Konsole
2. call up xmms
3. listen to this location: http://aud-one.kpfa.org:8090/kpfa.ogg
I know how to make a script that will bring up Konsole and then start xmms, but how do I enter code to start playing the above location? I can only get as far as bringing up xmms. I dont want to have to manually type in the URL, I want script to do it for me so then I can save the script on desktop for easy access. I have done this using MPLAYER cause it works in command line on my computer downstairs, so making the script was easy. But I want to be able to use xmms cause MPLAYER does not work on this laptop. so basically I want a script that will open media player, and play the location. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you....bob
Similar Threads
-
By nick47 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-26-2005, 02:28 AM
-
By bongski55 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-22-2005, 09:06 AM
-
By alex52 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-01-2005, 08:08 AM
-
By RandomGoon in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-18-2004, 05:59 AM
-
By VeeDubb in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-03-2003, 02:49 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX
$89.95

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99

IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00

Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s
$135.65