-
Using MY partition scheme..
hey gang,
I'm new to knoppix but not linux... I havent used linux too much in the past, mostly just curious to see what it could do.. but now that I know what it can do I want to have it.. I've tried my luck with a few distro's that were a real pain... I tried knoppix and actually got it to take my wireless card (YES!) and it seems to have everything else I've wanted for linux.. anyways to the point..
I want to use this partition scheme for the HDD install..
5 gigs Reiserfs - /
512mb linux swap
*rest of HD Reiserfs - /home
the install scripts seem to want to install it all onto one partition.. I want to keep the /home on its own partition so that if I switch distro's/something really bad happens I dont lose all my data!
Similar Threads
-
By bono in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-08-2005, 08:10 AM
-
By Quite in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-23-2004, 01:36 AM
-
By net_benjo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-31-2004, 07:43 PM
-
By DemonBlade in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-17-2003, 08:27 AM
-
By beforewisdom in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-09-2003, 04:04 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Cisco SFP-10G-SR V03 850nm 10GBASE-SR SFP+ MMF 10-2415-03 Transceiver
$4.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$20.70

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99