The trick is to make the HDD copy bootable from HDD. Also, I'm fairly (not 100%) certain that Knoppix comes with a script or application that allows for copying of the CD image to HDD.
The trick is to make the HDD copy bootable from HDD. Also, I'm fairly (not 100%) certain that Knoppix comes with a script or application that allows for copying of the CD image to HDD.
If I do mind the boot from CD... then I must be able to copy the Knoppix ISO to a disk partition and boot it with Grub2 which will boot an ISO directly. I have used the 'tohd / fromhd' method in the past and its bullet proof, but it seems, today, that the Grub2 ISO boot would be nice. Any idea what kind of menu entry I would need to add to the Grub2 "40_custom" script to get it to work...?
Here's what I've tried but it gets stuck looking for a USB device
Any ideas (or pointers about where to look) would be great! Thanks...Code:menuentry "Knoppix 2 ADRIANE V6.2.1 ISO (on /dev/sda1)" { insmod ext2 set root=(hd0,1) loopback loop (hd0,1)/Downloads_BACKUP/adriane-knoppix.iso linux (loop)/boot/isolinux/linux iso_filename=/Downloads_BACKUP/adriane-knoppix.iso ramdisk_size=100000 lang=en vt.default_utf8=0 apm=power-off vga=788 xmodule=fbdev initrd=minirt.gz nomce quiet loglevel=0 tz=localtime echo 'Loading initial ramdisk ...' initrd (loop)/boot/isolinux/minirt.gz }

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00
Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99
Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap
$749.99
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95
DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage
$79.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00