-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
made2000
Im new to knoppix how do I install the game. do i just download and run sorry not sure how it goes running a os off a cd
do I need to install knoppix on my hdd
Made2000,
I am not sure if "flightgear" can be run off the CD, I have a HDD install, if you want to run "anything" off the Live CD, you want to use klik ( thats KLIK in lowercase ). Never installed programs, actually called "packages" in Debian / Knoppix running off the CD, but, from what I know about it, the klik program lets "some" packages install into a "persistant home" location, instead of where they usually install when you have hard drive installed Knoppix. I am not even sure "how" you go about finding out if a program ( package ) is able to be gotten with kilk. This might be a subject to bring up in the "Klik Forum" - as for installing packages, when you have installed the OS, as in a hard drive install, you would use apt. The process to install a package after you have hard drive installed Knoppix would be as follows: apt-get update - and then apt-get install something, or in the case of "flightgear" you would use apt-get install flightgear -=- but this only works if you have hard drive installed. The process of installing a package when you are running off the CD, uses the process of klik to accomplish the install of the package, and I dont know how to do that....
Hope this helps,
Ms. Cuddles
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$32.00

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Apple MAC SE/30 Computer M5119, Vintage, Logic & Analog boards + PSU Recapped
$850.00

Analog Devices Macsym 2 Signal Simulator
$220.00

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

RARE VINTAGE Kontron 80 Psi Compact Microcomputer Computer Germany Early 1980s
$319.99

vintage internal ISA Dial-Up Modem from the Accura 28.8 series. 5617us
$29.99