-
Senior Member
registered user
Create custom home enviroment at boot (all from cd !!)
I'd like to write a remastering procedure for linux newbies (like myself)
to easely produce remastered knoppix cd's based on 3.2 release with custom home dir. (using the persistant home dir img-file)
Since I'm a linux newbie I'd like some practical advice on how pulling this one off.
What has to be done :
-create a knoppix remastering procedure where I can use the img file
that I use for my persistant home drive (and that's now on harddisk)
If I use it straight fom the cd it will be read-only and could pose problems.
So it got to be used like the default home drive like you get with the original knoppix.
Extra items to be inserted :
-easely create autostartup programs from home dir=>howto
-remove autostart konqueror
Anybody an idea ?
Similar Threads
-
By your_breakfast in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-15-2004, 10:37 PM
-
By newbie3777 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-03-2004, 11:09 PM
-
By kinsnet in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 09:09 PM
-
By spydie in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-23-2003, 12:09 PM
-
By mkg in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-11-2003, 01:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99