Hello,
I created my own sarge-version (base-system + kde) that I copied to /mnt/knx/KNOPPIX. When I start my normal sarge and then chroot to /mnt/knx/KNOPPIX and type "startx", it works fine, but when I try the final myknoppix.iso-file with qemu, I get the message:
No devices detected
Fatal server error
No screens found.
That's what /var/log/XFree86.0.log says too.
debian:/# dpkg -l | grep xserver
ii xserver-common 4.3.0.dfsg.1-8 files and utilities common to all X servers
ii xserver-common 3.3.6-44 files and utilities common to XFree86 3.x X
ii xserver-fbdev 3.3.6-44 X server for framebuffer-based graphics driv
ii xserver-svga 3.3.6-44 X server for SVGA graphics cards
ii xserver-vga16 3.3.6-44 X server for VGA graphics cards
ii xserver-xfree8 4.3.0.dfsg.1-8 the XFree86 X server.
I use the same XFree86Config-4 file as in my usual sarge on hard disk. What can be wrong ?
Klaus![]()

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
$170.00
PfSense/OPNsense 14x1Gb, 8-Core, 8GB RAM, 80GB SSD, AES-NI, QAT (Lanner FW-7573)
$149.00
*Sophos XG 210 Rev. 3 Network Security Firewall Appliance* Sophos XG 210 Rev. 3
$64.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU
$99.99
Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99