Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: The size of the compressed filesystems

  1. #1

    The size of the compressed filesystems

    It seems like I'm having trouble getting the size of the compressed filesystem down to what it should be. For instance, when I try to compress the files from Damn Small Linux, they turn out to be almost a megabyte larger than the original compressed filesystem was. That is without adding, subtracting, or modifying any of them.

    I used the instructions from the KNOPPIX Remastering Howto as posted on this forum awhile back.

    What am I doing wrong?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    84
    I am not an expert on this and would also like to know the answer. But I remember reading somewhere that the experts use some sort of system that orders the files on the disk in the most efficient way.

  3. #3

    Yeah

    I have read that, but from what I understand that deals with the access time of the disc, not the size of the filesystem itself.

Similar Threads

  1. KNOPPIX with 2 compressed filesystems?
    By your_breakfast in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-04-2005, 06:18 AM
  2. Ramdisk (re)size/adjust size
    By hnt in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-19-2003, 09:36 AM
  3. live filesystems
    By walterw in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-07-2003, 01:37 PM
  4. LUFS network filesystems kernel module
    By bhsx in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-06-2003, 01:21 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2003, 09:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage DEC E2052-AA  AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap picture

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap

$799.00



Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board picture

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board

$119.99



Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012 picture

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012

$74.99



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) DECserver 200/MC Terminal Server picture

Vintage Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) DECserver 200/MC Terminal Server

$79.95



Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard picture

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard

$149.99



Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL picture

VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL

$169.00



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99



Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working picture

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working

$111.00