Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Problem Installing

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4

    Problem Installing

    I'm very new to Linux and was so thrilled with Knoppix 3.6 live disk that I tried installing it to
    my harddrive which I partitioned(both partitions Fat32).
    (I'm running Windows2000 Prof on the one partition.)
    I boot up from the cd
    and once kde is up and running I press "Alt, Ctl & F1".Once in Konsole/Terminal????
    (not sure which one) I type in "KNX-Hdinstall" but get an error message "command not found"
    CCan anybody please help me install thios lovely distro on my harddrive???

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536
    The new command is knoppix-installer.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4
    Thank you very much. I installed it to my harddrive without problems but cannot mount the floppy drive; I'm getting an error message "cannot find file "mnt/floppy" and my Openoffice is in German which i'm unfortunately not very fluent in.
    Can you please help me.
    I love Knoppix[/b]

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Compmad
    Thank you very much. I installed it to my harddrive without problems but cannot mount the floppy drive; I'm getting an error message "cannot find file "mnt/floppy" and my Openoffice is in German which i'm unfortunately not very fluent in.
    Can you please help me.
    I love Knoppix[/b]
    I found a fix to "Openoffice is in German":

    When you first run OO from the CD it makes a directory "office" in the knoppix home directory.
    When you first run OO on the HD it makes a directory "OpenOffice.org1.1.3" in your home directory.

    Replace the file Setup.xcu in
    OpenOffice.org1.1.3/user/registry/data/org/openoffice
    with the file Setup.xcu from
    office/user/registry/data/org/openoffice

    This gave me OO with English menus. (KNOPPIX 3.7)

Similar Threads

  1. Problem in installing printer
    By satimis in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-18-2005, 11:39 AM
  2. Problem installing
    By Apollo2004 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-12-2005, 11:54 PM
  3. Problem installing gcc
    By rangalo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-01-2005, 12:35 PM
  4. Problem Installing
    By tzulberti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-16-2004, 07:56 PM
  5. Installing Problem
    By Wikt in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-10-2004, 03:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE picture

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE

$295.00



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$110.30



IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1) picture

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)

$150.00



Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs picture

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs

$49.99



DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5315Y 8 CORE PROCESSOR 3.2 GHZ SRKXR picture

DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5315Y 8 CORE PROCESSOR 3.2 GHZ SRKXR

$1100.00