since version from 28.03.03 SMB access via konqueror does no longer work, error message:
Prozess konnte nicht gestartet werden: Aufruf des Ein/Ausgabe-Moduls nicht möglich. klauncher meldet: Fehler beim Laden von "kio_smb"
regards
AEK
yeah, i thought autocomplete was turned off by default, but just checked my preferences and it's supposed to be on, but is not working..
since version from 28.03.03 SMB access via konqueror does no longer work, error message:
Prozess konnte nicht gestartet werden: Aufruf des Ein/Ausgabe-Moduls nicht möglich. klauncher meldet: Fehler beim Laden von "kio_smb"
regards
AEK
Did you get to run VB with WINE yet? I've tried in the past with no luck! If I could do this, I'd be able to leave M$ WINDOZE in the dust for good and all!Originally Posted by ss
You see, I teach:
Quarter 1: QBASIC (I could use yabasic or xbasic for this or even dosemu?)
Quarter 2: VBASIC (with WINE?)
Semester 2: C++ (using GNU GCC g++ now for this)
Year 2: Java (looking at GNU GCC gcj for this)
Regards,
A. Jorge Garcia:
For Java, you could always use the Sun/Blackdown/IBM JVMs. They're much better than GCJ at the moment.
My Audigy soundcard is detected by Knoppix's autoconfig, but no drivers for this card was found at all...Originally Posted by SaS
Question is... when support for Audigy msx card will be integrated in Knoppix distribution? I found necessary drivers for Audigy/Audigy2 sound cards on Creative web page, but I am a totally "green user"... I can't install, and remaster Knoppix distribution for my Audigy card... I can't do this... I don't know how?
PS: Big sorry for my very poor English, but this language isn't my native...
You can try my alsa-Script in the Ideas-Section, see "[ANNOUNCE] alsa ..."Originally Posted by InfoNexus
It'll hopefully soon be integrated into Knoppix, then you'll get your audigy to work with: "knoppix alsa"
cu
Fabian
"when support for Audigy msx card"
You might be interested in this post.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1599
OK, but aren't JVMs used in place of JREs? I need JDK.Originally Posted by Viro
Regards,
Looking back, this has been a problem with all the English versions of Knoppix 3.2.Originally Posted by genzo
A.Jorge Garcia:
http://java.sun.com is where you can download the Sun JDK. It comes with the JVM too.
http://www.blackdown.org is where you can download the Blackdown port of the JDK.
The beauty of Linux is you can install as many JDK/JVM that you want and all you need to do is set the JDK_HOME variable and the PATH variable to point to the correct location and you're set.
I'd ditch gcj for now as the performance I get from Blackdown is good.

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE
$445.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD
$635.00
HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Opteron X3421 32GB DDR4 Intel X550 10GbE No HDD
$599.00
HP Proliant MicroServer HSTNS-5151 AMD Turion II Neo N40L CPU @ 1.50GHz 16Gb RAM
$174.99
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00