tried installing vmware tools inside win98 box?
Hello everyone,
I have a Knoppix 3.4 remastered with vmware installed on it. When I boot from the CD, I have been able to run my vmware with windows 98 without any real problems.....The exception is that I am not able to bridge the networking / problems with vmnet. Anyone have any suggestions on getting the network up and running? I am also interested in mounting FAT16 / FAT32 drives as read-only within the vmware…. Any suggestions?
Thanks
tried installing vmware tools inside win98 box?
A word of caution:
There is a real danger in mixing Free and Open Source Software and proprietary software and then making a copy of it on a CD. Are you allowed to do what you did? Have you checked the license agreement that you agreed to abide by? http://www.vmware.com/download/ws4_eula.html. Just because you can do something does not mean you are permitted to.
I apologize for posting this question. I will discontinue use and further development and find an open source solution to my needs....and abusing the message board with this type of questioning... While there was only intent to use this CD for my own use, I will discontinue the product. I have read the VMWARE lisc before I started, and I am a licensed user of the product paid for out of my own pocket, I am not legally trained to be able to make a formalized conclusion on this installation to CD media within the license agreement. The remaster I was working on required you use the Software License Key to activate the Software every time you went to use the application (had to use the CD key). Thank you everyone for the good and informative readings from the forums.
If you have paid for VMware and if you are not redistributing the disc then I see no legal problems!
Greetings,
probono
Yes, VMWare allows for a non-persistant disk image. This allows you to boot from vmdk on your cd/dvdOriginally Posted by bdn103
Networking works fine for me. How did you install vmware on your image?

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00
Computer Tape Reel 1600 BPI 9 Track Vintage Mainframe LOT OF 2 WITH BOX
$89.95
Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive
$649.00
Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00
Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*
$199.99
IBM 3274-51C Controller 3270 mainframe 8" floppy tested to power on
$500.00
Vintage IBM #192726 Paper Tape Punch Mainframe Computer Programming Tool 1960s
$135.65