-
Cannot see my thumbdrive
Hi
I'm booting from a Knoppix 3.2 CD on a IBM T41 laptop.
Problem is I cannot find where my USB 256MB is.
Any ideas where it should show up. It's not on the desktop.
Yes. I'm a Linux newbie - sorry.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Cannot see my thumbdrive

Originally Posted by
gdog
I'm booting from a Knoppix 3.2 CD on a IBM T41 laptop.
Problem is I cannot find where my USB 256MB is.
Any ideas where it should show up. It's not on the desktop.
Try booting something newer, I'm not sure if 3.2 will find it. You should see it as another Hard Drive partition icon on the desktop, the name inside the brackets will likely be sda1 (as opposed to names like hda1 or hda5 for the hard drive partitions).
Similar Threads
-
By Krellan2 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-23-2006, 11:07 PM
-
By fidofido in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-27-2005, 08:09 PM
-
By TROLL1357 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 11
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 02:19 AM
-
By knopphead in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 19
Last Post: 05-09-2004, 08:32 AM
-
By smbenton in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-04-2003, 01:25 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends
$149.00

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$594.99

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93

4x Various Brands 8.5" Mainframe 9-Track Reel Computer Data Tape 6250 CPI .5"
$24.99

Vintage Japanese Katakana Double Shot Sperry Univac UTS 4000 Keyboard 1981
$199.99

Vintage UNIVAC Mainframe Circuit Board Lamp - Cyberpunk Tech Geek Industrial Art
$225.00

Vintage IBM Syst 370 MST Boards Lot Of 5 Heavily Populated IBM 22 Alu Can Chips
$89.00

Motorola LBR Rackmount Shelf Base Station w/ 2x CompactPCI Cards & DAT 72 Tape
$1300.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30