What is the default admin password, I can not get it to change which I need to configure my lan. It seems to default to DHCP but I'm not running it on my lan.
What is the default admin password, I can not get it to change which I need to configure my lan. It seems to default to DHCP but I'm not running it on my lan.
When running from the CD the only way to access a root login prompt is to open the special root console found under the Knoppix menu item on the start menu. I think if you install it to the hard drive then you can create other accounts. So I suspect that you will have to use this root console to perform your configuration.
Hope it helps,
Scott
To set the root passwd:
1) Go to the KNOPPIX menu and open a root shell
2) Enter: passwd root
3) set the new password
Lars.
Or, you could try:
sudo su
from any shell. That will effectivly log you in as root. You can use 'sudo' before any command to run it as root.
You can run a shell as root...from the KNOPPIX menu and 'passwd' the password to what ever you want.

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$3.07
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00