I've recently been using usb based sound cards. They seem to work really well under Knoppix and the have great sound quality.
Ok, I see I have to get a new sound card. My old Aureal 8810 just isn't supported.
So, What' the best sound card?
I've heard the Sound Blaster Live! is a good choice, the 16 bit version.
Any other options?
sakiZ
I've recently been using usb based sound cards. They seem to work really well under Knoppix and the have great sound quality.
Sound Blaster is a good choice, all the linux sound servers have support for them and creative even offers drivers.
All right, I just wanted to check back in. I pulled out the old Aureal 8810 card and put in the Sound Blaster 5.1 last night. The sound is noticably better.
So, both operating systems have benefited: XP and Knoppix.
Now I can play all my Windows wma files in Knoppix with Kaffeine. Yahoo!!!!!
sakiZ

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00
1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00
$280.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99