-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Problems Ejecting CDROM

Originally Posted by
Knopper12
Hi,
If I right-click on the desktop icon and say eject, it gives me an error saying
Eject /dev/cdrom failed!
To manually unmount the cd, open a console & type 'sudo umount /dev/cdrom' (sudo makes you root for the command & note it's umount not unmount).
To manually eject the cd 'sudo eject /dev/cdrom'
Use /dev/cdrom1 as appropriate.
.... I saw in the Knoppix config menu there is an option called "Save knoppix config". Is this what I need to do everytime I make a change, it automatically saves that config on a floppy though.
Yes you can save your config this way. You have to have the floppy in the drive when you boot & enter 'knoppix floppyconfig' when you boot. You will have to resvae if you make any config changes you want to keep.
If you think that there is interference of the device, then this might be important. Through a coincidence, some device in my computer is picking up local radio FM waves, ie, even when my computer is off, and my speaker sound from the wheel on the sub is set at the lowest, I hear a radio channel, I have caught it on other radios too and hence know it is a local FM. Could this be a problem during the startup. This is not a problem in my windows btw.
Probably this will not cause any problems. I once had a computer that would pick up a local AM radio station & backfeed it through the modem connection so that I had the radio in the background on the telephone. Very annoying but didn't cause any computer operational problems.
Similar Threads
-
By RobD in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-17-2005, 09:19 PM
-
By piki in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-15-2004, 05:21 PM
-
By MillTek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 14
Last Post: 07-21-2004, 03:02 PM
-
By doogie in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-15-2003, 10:02 PM
-
By evilfix in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-24-2003, 07:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$499.99

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Opteron X3421 32GB DDR4 Intel X550 10GbE No HDD
$599.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00