Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Modem Drivers

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1

    Modem Drivers

    I've got a winmodem and I found a linux driver for it. However, when I try to extract the rpm, it gives me a bunch of crap. Is it possible to install modem drivers with Knoppix? Thanks.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    3

    A newbie's reply...

    I believe you have to use a Debian package and the dpkg under Knoppix instead of the red hat package. Here is a link I found: http://www.danielrees.me.uk/ltmodem.html#install

    I hope it helps,
    Scott

    PS I am having winmodem problems myself so if you figure out how to make it work I would appreciate hearing from you.

Similar Threads

  1. Installing modem drivers
    By Bilpo in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-24-2004, 07:49 PM
  2. ADSL Modem drivers - Noobie
    By whablow in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-06-2004, 12:22 PM
  3. Re: Conexant SoftK56 PCI Modem Drivers
    By Redux in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2004, 07:53 AM
  4. installing modem drivers?
    By kamikaze2112 in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-05-2004, 02:23 AM
  5. help with installing modem drivers (commands)
    By insomica in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-06-2003, 07:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage DEC E2052-AA  AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap picture

Vintage DEC E2052-AA AlphaServer I/O Board 9 Gold Ceramic ICs 4.3 LB Gold Scrap

$799.00



Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012 picture

Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012

$74.99



Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board picture

Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board

$119.99



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard picture

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard

$149.99



Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On) picture

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)

$499.99



VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL picture

VINTAGE DEC 54-20470-02 MULTI-PLANE SPX COLOR GRAPHICS CARD FOR VXT2000 TERMINAL

$169.00



Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation picture

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation

$79.95



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99



Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working picture

Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working

$111.00