I've used the cheatcode vga=normal, and the "undefined mode number" thingy goes away :
Current boot command :: knoppix noscsi nodma vga=normal
But I still have graphics problems when i run knoppix (glitches + bits missing)
Hello all
I've been gettin this problem ever since the first copy of Knoppix I ran on this laptop. (Knoppix 3.6)
I've just burnt an iso of Knoppix 3.7, and still the same problem.
Laptop Specs ::
Dell Inspiron 2500
10GB HD
256MB RAM
When i "boot" knoppix with the usual cheatcodes : knoppix noscsi nodma lang=uk
I get this problem straight after I press the 'return' button on my keyboard :
Loading linux24 ....
Loading minirt24.gz
Ready.
You passed an undefined mode number.
Press <RETURN> to see video modes available, <SPACE> to continue or wait 30 seconds.
Even when I press Space, or press Return (and choose any of the modes)
KDE loads up fine etc.. Then I start seeing "large bits" missing on my screen + glitches etc..
Help plz![]()
I've used the cheatcode vga=normal, and the "undefined mode number" thingy goes away :
Current boot command :: knoppix noscsi nodma vga=normal
But I still have graphics problems when i run knoppix (glitches + bits missing)

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)
$150.00
Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99
DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5315Y 8 CORE PROCESSOR 3.2 GHZ SRKXR
$1100.00