-
Printer install using rpm ...
I am running Knoppix 3.4 and would like to install a new printer ...
I have a Canon i560 and have found an rpm file (at ftp://download.canon.jp/pub/driver/bj/linux/) that I would like to install. I am assuming that this rpm file contains drivers for the printer.
I first tried rpm -i and then alien and found that I could successfully tranform the rpm into a deb file.
After that I ran alien again to try to install the file and got no feedback ... so I assume it was installed (?).
The deb installation seemed to create /usr/lib/bjlib with bjfilterpixus560i.conf and two .tbl files but (using printer configuration) none of these seemed to be a printer driver.
Next I went to 'printer setup' and tried to install the printer. Here the system seemed to to recognise these formats.
I am a bit of a novice so I need to know ...
What format / extension do printer drivers have?
Do printer drivers come as rpm files? Or as separate drivers?
Does anyone have any further information about Canon i560 printers and their installation under Linux/Knoppix?
Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Alan Searle.
Similar Threads
-
By Aldago in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-21-2005, 01:14 PM
-
By Dennis in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-13-2005, 03:46 PM
-
By crhoff in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-06-2005, 12:39 AM
-
By help_seeker in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-20-2004, 04:32 PM
-
By michaeltnorman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-12-2003, 05:10 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver
$1500.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C 020NJD Dual-Port 25GbE SFP28 NIC Low Profile
$35.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$33.94

20 X New Cisco QSFP-100G-FR-W2 10-3659-01 Module Hologram Brand New 20 Pack
$299.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99