Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: .iso burn using Knoppix package

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Stanwood Washington
    Posts
    84

    .iso burn using Knoppix package

    Ok - here's the deal. I have an .iso package I would like to "burn" to a CD. I've done this many times in "Lo$e ME", but I have been unable to figure out how to Burn an .ISO image using Knoppix 3.7 pre release.

    What "Program" or "Package" do I use?
    What are the "secret" entries I must use?

    So far I have been able to put the .ISO on three disk, but not the "Image" needed to make the disk function correctly.

    I don't want to fall back into Bill'$ clutches - if I can help it...

    GMD

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536
    K3b should do it.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Stanwood Washington
    Posts
    84
    That's the program I've been trying to use. Where do I find the command to burn an .ISO as a disk image? All I ever get is the .ISO file copied to the disk, not the image with all the files...

    GMD

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536
    Sorry about that, I could have been more specific. At the top, tools--->CD--->burn cd image. then you can browse for the image even if it is in your windows partition. Or right click on the image and actions---> write cd image with k3b, does the same thing.

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Stanwood Washington
    Posts
    84
    Right - I'll give that a try tonight after I get home

    Thanks in advance

    GMD

    PS - Do you know where I can DL a PDF of the owner's manual or How To for k3b?


  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536
    Type man k3b at a konsole. I think its in a live cd also. I have a hd install and it is here.

Similar Threads

  1. Burn Knoppix iso to CD?
    By llee611838 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-21-2006, 08:41 PM
  2. Apgrade knoppix package from rpm
    By firmansyah in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-11-2006, 07:38 PM
  3. burn baby burn!
    By tup34 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-01-2004, 06:23 PM
  4. How do i burn knoppix??
    By mikelaw101 in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-13-2003, 11:11 PM
  5. how to burn knoppix
    By mann in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-08-2003, 01:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G picture

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G

$449.99



HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD picture

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD

$249.99



Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset picture

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset

$129.99



Supermicro 505-2   Server picture

Supermicro 505-2 Server

$280.00



Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD picture

Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD

$199.99



Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram  240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ* picture

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*

$369.99



SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays picture

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays

$499.99



1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU   X picture

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X

$175.00



Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC picture

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC

$250.00



Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter picture

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter

$225.00