Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Help me set up Kmail

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9

    Help me set up Kmail

    Sorry for being a dummy. I've set up email accts with three versions of Windows, and when running Knoppix from cd had no trouble configuring Kmail.
    But, since I installed Knoppix (ver 3.6) to HD, I cannot get Kmail to work. I'm using the Mozilla browser, and it has an email setup that I also can't get working. Thanks for any help.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9

    Problem Solved

    Posting my own reply. Maybe this will prevent a lot of grief for someone else.
    In attempting to set up an email account in Kmail, I followed the destructions for configuring it. Didn't work.
    I followed destructions given in the Mozilla browser. Didn't work either.
    Found destuctions at http://help.wt.net/linux/email/kmail/. No luck there.
    Ditto for the information in the book "Moving To Linux."
    I must have futzed around for three hours, getting nowhere.
    F inally, I called my ISP. Here's what to look for:
    Make sure he wants the default ports of 25 for outgoing and 110 for incoming.
    Ask what he wants for hostname for both incoming and outgoing mail. In my case, they're different although not for Windows
    Good luck.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    2
    I am completely new to knoppix but I run it (this morning) by using Knoppix LiveCD 3.3.
    I did it on a Pentium-I 133 64Mb RAM.
    I would like to install knoppix 3.3 to its hd
    I wonder if there is a easy-to-install Mail Server program included in the CD.
    If not, is there any program (mail server) that I can install for my office (100 mail-users)??
    thanks+

Similar Threads

  1. KMail 1.8.1 and passwords...
    By pgk3734 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2005, 08:22 AM
  2. KMail Security (OpenPGP) Help - Please...
    By Cuddles in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-22-2004, 04:49 PM
  3. Mozilla with KMail
    By Cuddles in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-18-2004, 02:16 PM
  4. Smail in Kmail
    By willywalker in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2004, 11:24 AM
  5. kmail config gone after reboot
    By Ziandabo in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-12-2003, 11:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$179.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU picture

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU

$999.99



IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1) picture

IBM System x3550 M3 1U Server 2x Xeon E5645, 192GB RAM, 2x 300GB HDD (7944-AC1)

$150.00



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$110.30



IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS picture

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS

$80.00



IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012 picture

IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012

$109.99



DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5315Y 8 CORE PROCESSOR 3.2 GHZ SRKXR picture

DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5315Y 8 CORE PROCESSOR 3.2 GHZ SRKXR

$1100.00