Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Knoppix install problem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1

    Knoppix install problem

    Hello everyone, I'm having a problem installing Knoppix. Knoppix won't install with "knoppix-installer" Even Sudo knoppix-installer won't work. I have made a Linux partition and a swapfile.
    When I start the installer I become the message that I have no rights to write to the harddisk and with "sudo" I recieve the message that there is a partition problem. I really like to use knoppix on my harddisk. I am a windows user who like to try something else. I hope that someone can help me.
    Greeting from Henk (Holland)

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    Lets try this way.

    Boot with knoppix cd.
    Unmount all hdd partition.
    Open konsole and run:
    su
    knoppix-installer


Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 3.7 install problem
    By tzontzo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-08-2005, 03:59 PM
  2. problem after knoppix install
    By adamherb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2005, 02:49 AM
  3. Problems with HDB after Knoppix install - DMA problem ?
    By fowlertrainer in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-02-2004, 02:29 PM
  4. Knoppix 3.4 HD install LiLO problem ...
    By Calvi Risorta in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-23-2004, 07:44 PM
  5. Knoppix 3.3 HDbased install problem.
    By Durand Hicks in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-04-2004, 07:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks picture

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks

$79.00



HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage picture

HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage

$225.61



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$224.72



Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation picture

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation

$500.00



Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive picture

Vtg IBM Mainframe Prototype Chip Module Lot 146 pc 1988-1993 ES/9000 Lab Arcive

$649.00



Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ* picture

Commodore 64 PC with Model 1541 Diskette Drive and Flight Simulator II *READ*

$199.99



Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS picture

Mainframe Computer Data Punch Card Lot of 50 Orange 80 Column IBM comp Vtg NOS

$15.00



Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000 picture

Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500/B5000

$99.95



Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25 picture

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25

$799.00



Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB picture

Vintage UNIVAC 3620670-01 Mainframe Logic Board 15MHz Sperry Computer PCB

$98.95