-
Junior Member
registered user
I'm now away from that computer for a while, I post again when I'm back there.
-
Senior Member
registered user
There is another option for you if you still unable to boot from cd.
Get kanotix-X (fix2). It can boot from iso using cheatcode : fromiso=path/name.iso
You can get it to work and boot without a cd but you need to install Grub.
You also need to copy vmlinuz and miniroot.gz from cd to your hdd.
I haven't try this, maybe you can install to hdd while booting fromiso.
This is an example of my Grub's menu.lst:
title Boot Kanotix iso
kernel /kanotix-iso/vmlinuz fromiso=/kanotix-iso/kano*.iso noprompt ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi nomce quiet alsa silent
initrd /kanotix-iso/miniroot.gz
Good luck
-
Being a total n00b I couldnt even get SBM working on boot up, I just get a non system disk error - replace error.
Can someone please help ?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99