-
Senior Member
registered user
Sorry J.D, it appears that I have to "publicly appologize", for my comment was not to "point at you", but to "aide in your defense"...
I wanted my statement to show that even with my post count as high as it is, has not "hardened" me from helping others, and this comment was not brought up to show that you have not either. I am seriously sorry if that is what it came off as 
RTFM is used by people who think they are "better" than someone else, even my "root password" posts, explain a little more than the FAQ, they could have simply been posts that read - "see this article in the FAQ", in which, they dont, they quote it... I could have also "locked" the topic, thus, not giving the chance for someone who knows an easier way, or another way, of doing it, a chance for posting what they know... Now, before I get flamed with the RTFM quote, I have "almost" used the acronym, but, contained my composure, and someone else "stepped in" to assist... I had a four screen post help for someone, and just when we got it working, the system "reverted" back to its original state after a reboot, it had been installed with the "knoppix style", and "I almost lost it..."
As J.D pointed out, I think I am the same... I am a newb with a high post count... If I was going to total up all my posts, I would think 75% of them are "help", and the other 25%, "helping"... But, I'm not going to suggest something that I dont think is going to help, and on many topics, I am clueless, thus, I wont even get involved in the topic... If I have an idea, I will say that, "I think this might work, but not sure..." kind of thing, and on some subjects, I "know" what a problem is, and will tackle the topic, fully. Linux, Knoppix, and Kanotix, are all "new" to me... So new, that, for the longest time, I was logging in as my ROOT account to do root stuff, and logging in as my "user" account when I didnt need root... UNTIL, a very nice person pointed out that you can stay logged in as your user, and get root, when you needed it... ( how dense is that? ) -=- I am quite sure that I have "tested" the "willingness" and "helpfulness" of many of the users of these forums, as to how dense I really am... and, yes, I AM A BLONDE... I come from a very long history of M$ and Windows, supremecy, and still, kind of, think in Microsoft's way of thinking - which, I might add, is not the same in the Linux World. I think my wanting to help people, coupled with the fact that "most" newb's are coming from where I am coming from, adds a better "understanding" of where "they are coming from"... I also was on the "front line" of M$'s roll-out of one of there OS's, and having to fix, solve, and work with, people through the phone to solve there problems, has given me a lot more understanding of assisting, and helping people, from the simplest, to the CEO's and "Network Guru's" who called in...
Again, sorry J.Drake if my post sounded like I was "poking" at you, it was not intended that way... In fact, I can recall, at least twice that you had assisted me in an issue I was having, and I think I might have done the same for you a few times ( not sure, but I think so ). This should be proof enough that its a give and take environment... Not everyone knows everything... And, as a wise person once said: Its not that you know everything, but, where you can find information when you need it. -=- These forums have been that for me, I may not know everything, but, I have a resource to getting that information...
Ms. Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By Cuddles in forum German Forum
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-21-2004, 05:45 PM
-
By oreo in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 06:33 PM
-
By geebee2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-21-2003, 07:29 PM
-
By Juny in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Supermicro E200-8D Barebones Server Chassis Xeon D-1528 X10SDV-6C-TLN4F 2x10GbE
$445.00

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD
$645.00

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Opteron X3421 32GB DDR4 Intel X550 10GbE No HDD
$599.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00