Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix & SATA?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    20

    Knoppix & SATA?

    I've decided I'm going to purchase a new SATA hard drive for myself for christmas, and since my mobo is a couple of years old and without SATA support, I'll have to purchase a SATA -> PCI adapter. I'm looking at a few low-end models, and would like to go with either the Promise SATA150 TX2Plus or the Adaptec 1205SA (which this page says is a Silicon Image-based board). Which of these, or which other SATA PCI card in the sub-$50 pricerange would work best with Knoppix?

    Also, I've currently got Knoppix set up with a Debian-style install-to-hdd. How much trouble is detecting and installing this new hardware going to be..?[/url]

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Glenview, Illinois
    Posts
    72
    I don't know which would be 'best' but I boot Knoppix from my Promise SATA150 TX2Plus PCI adapter running a WD Raptor. Works perfectly. Knoppix recognizes it and loads its Promise driver fine.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    SATA Questions

    Hi I saw your post about using your Promise SATA150 TX2Plus PCI

    What version of Knoppix are you using. I am interested in trying SATA in my full HD install of Knoppix 3.7.

    I would set the drive up as slave at first copying partitions from my 80 gig Maxtor drive, then eventually switching to the SATA drive for booting.

    From your post that sounds promising.

    sakiZ

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 4 on SATA DVD drive
    By jleroy in forum Knoppix DVD
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-04-2005, 06:04 PM
  2. Knoppix 3.7 does not notice my SATA HDD
    By jayan65 in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-09-2005, 04:35 PM
  3. How can I see a SATA HDD in Knoppix 3.4 ?
    By bloopsys in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-18-2004, 10:03 PM
  4. Knoppix 3.4 SATA
    By Visivicous in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-08-2004, 09:58 PM
  5. knoppix 3.3 and SATA-- won't boot-- HELP!
    By torchZ06 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-02-2003, 02:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New picture

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New

$180.00



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$33.94



HPE B-series 16Gb SFP+ QK724A Pull Tab Optical Transceiver picture

HPE B-series 16Gb SFP+ QK724A Pull Tab Optical Transceiver

$10.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99