this has mainly only happen to me when the .inf files are .INF files for some reason ndiswrapper dont like that.
other then that could be the wrong drivers.
I am running Knoppix 3.6 on a Dell latitude and am trying to get wireless networking running with either one of two cards:
A DLink DWL-650+ and/or an EDIMAX EW-7106PC
Neither of these cards was recognised by Knoppix so I decided to try with NDISwrapper. For this I did the following ...
1. I unzipped the windows drivers to a mounted drive
2. I started NDISWrapper and located/selected the *.inf files
3. I got the following error message ...
ERROR: The selected file is no *.inf file or the *.inf file is invalid, exiting.
... for both of the adaptors.
Can anyone help me with this? Is the message normal? Or should I be handling the files differenctly in some way? Or are both these adaptors not supported?
Any tips or pointers to good 'HOWTOs' would be very gratefully received.
Many thanks,
Alan Searle.
this has mainly only happen to me when the .inf files are .INF files for some reason ndiswrapper dont like that.
other then that could be the wrong drivers.
try doing it by a console.
you know.
remember to rebootCode:ndiswrapper -i /path/to/driver.inf(That is be root)
I\ve had the same issue, a couple of times with my usb flash.
good luck

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Plus 32GB RAM Xeon E-2224 3.40Ghz No HDD No AC
$750.00
HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM
$289.99
ASRock Rack ROMED8-2T/BCM Server Motherboard For Parts/Repair
$365.00
New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99
1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$200.00
Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00
Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$199.99
Supermicro X10DRS-4U-NS021, 2x E5-2603 V3 Storage Controller No RAM
$200.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99