this has mainly only happen to me when the .inf files are .INF files for some reason ndiswrapper dont like that.
other then that could be the wrong drivers.
I am running Knoppix 3.6 on a Dell latitude and am trying to get wireless networking running with either one of two cards:
A DLink DWL-650+ and/or an EDIMAX EW-7106PC
Neither of these cards was recognised by Knoppix so I decided to try with NDISwrapper. For this I did the following ...
1. I unzipped the windows drivers to a mounted drive
2. I started NDISWrapper and located/selected the *.inf files
3. I got the following error message ...
ERROR: The selected file is no *.inf file or the *.inf file is invalid, exiting.
... for both of the adaptors.
Can anyone help me with this? Is the message normal? Or should I be handling the files differenctly in some way? Or are both these adaptors not supported?
Any tips or pointers to good 'HOWTOs' would be very gratefully received.
Many thanks,
Alan Searle.
this has mainly only happen to me when the .inf files are .INF files for some reason ndiswrapper dont like that.
other then that could be the wrong drivers.
try doing it by a console.
you know.
remember to rebootCode:ndiswrapper -i /path/to/driver.inf(That is be root)
I\ve had the same issue, a couple of times with my usb flash.
good luck

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends
$149.00
Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$594.99
Adjustable Rolling Computer Cart, Mobile Standing Workstation, Mobile Cart
$211.28
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93
4x Various Brands 8.5" Mainframe 9-Track Reel Computer Data Tape 6250 CPI .5"
$24.99
Vintage Japanese Katakana Double Shot Sperry Univac UTS 4000 Keyboard 1981
$199.99
Vintage UNIVAC Mainframe Circuit Board Lamp - Cyberpunk Tech Geek Industrial Art
$225.00
Vintage IBM Syst 370 MST Boards Lot Of 5 Heavily Populated IBM 22 Alu Can Chips
$89.00
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
MCSI IND-486DX Industrial ISA SBC PC/104 Motherboard NOS Untested No CPU RAM
$189.99