-
Junior Member
registered user
Sony Supressa USB CDr
I use 3.1 for burning with a USB Sony Spressa on a Win95 system at my work. Usually use X cd roaster. Checked out K3b. Both work great. Take the one that you like. Burned more that 50 platters with only one or two failures.
Want to be able to use 3.2. Okay I'll admit it, 3.2 is prettier. Now prettier does not work harder, but prettier turns heads!
Sadly, with 3.2 X cd roaster fails to start, K3b burns but fails to fixate (goes on forever, well at least longer than my patience.) The resulting disks are readable, but produce errors.
Both live cds are running under KDE.
Most lately tried the 03/30/03 download.
Have not checked it on a system with IDE burner yet because most are single CD drive systems (my Knoppix cd is in the drive), and I am not comfortable with a 3.2 HD install on a system with a single cd burner yet. I have done a HD install, but that system does not have a burner. (To repeat what others have said - make extra partitions to save your data - makes it easier to upgrade without losing everything.)
Please comment - Can I burn OK with these programs under KDE and a HD install? If you installed it and everything works, let me know. What do to I need to add or turn on for this USB device to work. I use the Sony burner with a Knoppix Thinkpad with a HD 3.1 install, and it works well. I plan to leave everything as it is for now. I see the CD creeping up in size each new release. It is hard to select the software that the please everyone!
I appreciate the effort that has gone into Knoppix.
Similar Threads
-
By toadatrix in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-09-2005, 02:53 PM
-
By Postie in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-28-2004, 07:24 PM
-
By Planet4watches in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-22-2004, 04:01 PM
-
By tlewis in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-26-2004, 04:29 AM
-
By Hans in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-27-2003, 11:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

HP Proliant MicroServer Gen 8 2.23GHz Xeon 16GB RAM NO SSD
$249.99

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

Supermicro E300-12C Mini 1U Barebone X12SCV-LVDS LGA1200 SNK-P0073A4 w/ Adapter
$225.00

Supermicro SuperServer E300-15 - SYS-e300-9C - 16GB RAM 240GB Samsung SSD
$199.99

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

SuperMicro 4U CSE 847 36 Bay LFF Barebone 2x 1280W w/ 2x Bays 2.5 Rear w/Trays
$400.00

1U Edge Firewall Server X11SCW-F Xeon E-2174G 0 RAM M.2 NVME 3x PCI-e 2x PSU X
$175.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Tower Server Xeon E3-1220 v2 2.3GHz 16GB RAM
$289.99