-
Question about HD-Controller
Hello everyone,
I'm still rather new with Linux.
My computer has 2 IDE connectors on the mainboard.
On IDE1, there is
/dev/hda used for gentoo
/dev/hdb used for data
On IDE2, two DVD-(-R) ROM drives are connected.
These drives are all recognized and are working so far.
However, I also use an IDE-controller card and a 160GB HD connected to it, with a Win2000 partition and several data partitions.
The controller is a HighPoint Rocket 133SB with a Bios onthe card.
Knoppix is recognising these partitions under /dev/hdg without any problems.
When I try other Linux distributions however, they won't recognize that HD. I would like to enable that drive in gentoo.
So while in Knoppix, I tried" lsmod" and this is what I received:
Code:
Module Size Used by Not tainted
ppp_deflate 2936 0 (autoclean)
zlib_deflate 17336 0 (autoclean) [ppp_deflate]
bsd_comp 3992 0 (autoclean)
ppp_async 7232 1 (autoclean)
ppp_generic 22816 3 (autoclean) [ppp_deflate bsd_comp ppp_async]
slhc 4560 0 (autoclean) [ppp_generic]
reiserfs 169616 1 (autoclean)
ntfs 50944 1 (autoclean)
autofs4 8756 1 (autoclean)
af_packet 13544 2 (autoclean)
nls_iso8859-1 2844 3 (autoclean)
nls_cp437 4348 2 (autoclean)
agpgart 42660 0 (unused)
emu10k1 61064 1
sound 55276 0 [emu10k1]
ac97_codec 11916 0 [emu10k1]
soundcore 3428 7 [emu10k1 sound]
dmfe 11905 1
crc32 2816 0 [dmfe]
emu10k1-gp 1224 0 (unused)
gameport 1388 0 [emu10k1-gp]
parport_pc 24840 0
parport 22496 0 [parport_pc]
serial 52100 0 (autoclean)
pcmcia_core 39840 0
apm 9768 2
rtc 7036 0 (autoclean)
cloop 8740 2
ieee1394 183076 0
usb-storage 61696 0 (unused)
usb-ohci 17896 0 (unused)
usb-uhci 21644 0 (unused)
usbcore 57600 1 [usb-storage usb-ohci usb-uhci]
ataraid 6180 0
ide-cd 28512 0
ide-scsi 8816 1
My guess that "ide-scsi" is the thing I'm looking for. How do I find out more about this, so that I can enable it in other distributions?
I know that this isn't the gentoo message board, but I thought that maybe you could help me, because Knoppix works with the drive.
Similar Threads
-
By Bigun in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-09-2006, 01:44 PM
-
By MatthiasOtto in forum German Forum
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-14-2005, 12:12 PM
-
By Sniffer in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-02-2004, 06:17 PM
-
By Roemer in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-28-2003, 02:51 PM
-
By Dohmann in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-10-2003, 03:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA
$28.94

Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03
$15.00

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL
$45.50

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED
$24.99